Thursday, May 26, 2011

if i share with you my story, won't you share your dollar with me?

i've been told my blog aint "juicy" enough. bahahahahaha.

woke up this morning to gladys calling me from her stairwell at 8:30. last night the internet and phone decided to quit on her and consequently me. so we had a drink and chilled till i sensed that they were sleepy and she told me she would call and get it fixed in the morning. i didn't know it would involve me too lol.

she got on with customer service then passed the phone to me. the guy talked me through it as easy as canned peas are disgusting. in next to no time the internet and phone were running again. gladys felt bad that she woke me so she gave me a breakfast on her balcony. i had some chocolate milk and muesli with peach yogurt. and then i was so full that i didn't feel like going back to bed.

as i was doing what i do when i get up, gladys came down and asked me if i liked mozzarella. i said i like any and all cheeses and she then said that i would be having lunch with her and jean pierre. yay! no cooking for me! but it was odd that this all depended on me liking mozzarella.

lunch was a sort of paella with fava beans. it was bland but she had a homemade chili sauce that was vair yummy. and we started with a salad of tomatoes and mozzarella. hence this morning's cheese question. we chatted about my life story (again) and i think they got it this time. gladys also ran me through a bunch of things she'd like to get done before i leave. the vacationers she's renting the place to for the summer get here the day i leave! gladys doesn't waste time. good for her! :)

so i got my paper work ready to head to the caf or caisse d'allocations familiales which is french social security helping people with low incomes out with rent. yes, i should have done this 8 months ago. i just kept putting it off and time got away. lamesauce excuses i know. i got everything together, headed to the caf, waited for my number to ping up on the board, was told to wait some more, waited for another number to ping up on the board, then explained my whole story to a kind french man only to have him tell me that they switched the system in january and that i don't get any money. apparently last year they would allow for people to come in and apply for aid and they would consider previous months' rent. they stopped this in january of this year. (insert groans of frustration and forehead smack). i kicked myself all the way home and have been doing so ever since.

but hey, now at least i know, for next time.

and then around 9pm i had a craving for cake for dinner. (dontcha just love being an adult?) so i made one, getting rid of the last of my flour and sugar. i improved on my last lemon cake by adding more oil and yogurt and the zest of another lemon to this one. it's heavenly. and my house smells like it which makes me want to eat more and this is not good.

craving: a swimming pool
currently listening to: i need a dollar- aloe blacc

No comments:

Post a Comment